Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Does Alabama have something against families?

June 2012

In my brief time as a parent, I have come to understand and appreciate some things.  Some I view as bonuses (Wow-this place has a little nursing area") and others I see as just plain ridiculous if they are not present.

During this month, my little family took our first real leisure trip.  We are lucky enough to be graced with friends that live 4 miles away from the beach in Pensacola, FL.  We loaded up our 4 month old and all the gear having a 4 month old requires and headed out.

Stops along the way are inevitable.  When Baby D is in her car seat, we try to get her out and change her as often as possible.  I did not realize that Alabama had something agains the practice of changing diapers.  In that state, we stopped at 2 gas stations, a Burger King, and a Subway and not a single place had a baby changing station.  Really?!?!  I ended up changing her on the hood of the car on her changing mat.

It is not like they are very expensive - online, you can purchase one for $129, a few screws and you are good to go.  Not to mention the ease for your future guests.

Is there an app for baby changing stations?  Because I really do not want to give an establishment my business if they have so little concern for their guests that they cannot put up a baby changing station.

Oh, how the concerns of my life have altered since giving birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment