Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Going Home!


I was so ready to be released to go home.  When they came through in the morning to get your meal choices, I refused to choose a lunch b/c I planned on being gone by then.  By the time, everything was complete, we left the hospital at around 1 p.m.  Getting Drew ready was a bit of an adventure.
She wore home an outfit that said "Daddy's Girl" on the front of it.
Look at those long fingers!
Buttoning up her little sweater

The calm before the storm

And the storm begins - Drew did not like being put into the car seat.

Daddy did such a good job applying the car seat skills he learned in his class.  The nurses were very impressed with him.

All ready - She cried the whole time to the car.

We took her home on the coldest, most windy weekend of the year.  I spent the ride home just staring at her still in a state of disbelief that she was ours.  I know a lot of people are nervous when they leave the hospital, but I felt ready.  I knew there would be lots of stuff I did not know, but I had faith in the support group we had around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment