Thursday, June 21, 2012

First Bath

To give Drew her first bath, we used the bathtub but did not put water in it.  We just used a wet washcloth to clean her up.  Jonathan was great during this.  He really took control and jumped right in.  I am so lucky to be going through this with him. 

You will have to excuse the way I look - I did just have a baby.

Such a good daddy!

The first nite Drew was home she did not want to sleep.  Jonathan and I had to take turns staying up with her.  We think it was because she was most active in my tummy at nite time.  We love the periods of time when her eyes are wide open.  Drew would just sit and look around even though we knew she couldn't see very far yet.  I am amazed at the amount of time that I can spend just looking at Drew.  I am just waiting for the feeling of "awe" to fade, but not yet.  I just hope if it does, I will be able to recall the memories of this time.

Our goals for this time are just to become more comfortable nursing, get a bit of a schedule - even if it is very flexible, and keeping Drew happy.


~Candi

No comments:

Post a Comment