Thursday, August 9, 2012

Drew - Month Two

April 2012

Dear Drew –

Happy 2 months to you!

Another month has passed and you have yet to fail to amaze me.  You have done an amazing job of weaving yourself into our hearts, our home, and our future.  So much so that it is impossible to think of any of those things without thinking of you.

Nursing is still going well and I have to admit that I love this time with you.  My favorite part right now is how you stroke my arm while feeding.  It is the sweetest thing.

My favorite look of yours right now occurs when you are stretching.  Your entire body goes into your stretch and you make the cutest little face.  I hope I can remember what that looks like forever, because it is so hard to capture that on film.

You attended your first wedding this month and were the cutest guest in attendance.  I know, I am a little biased, but that’s okay.  You were such a trooper traveling.  Daddy and I really expected the worst and were pleasantly surprised.

This month you started truly smiling at people.  You love for people to look at you and talk with you. 

You have stayed without Mommy or Daddy a few times.  You have stayed with Aunt Mandy and Gran for play dates while Mommy tried to get some work done.  As far as they tell me, you have been good for them.  I am sure they both spoil you to pieces.

The cutest thing you started doing this month was sticking your tongue out.  This trick just proves that there is some Kelley in you.

We introduced a pacifier to you this month.  You seem to be able to take it or leave it.  However, it works wonders for you at naptimes as it gets you to focus in on Mommy or Daddy.

The most exciting advancement for you is that you have started sleeping through the nite.  I am almost afraid to speak of it as I have heard this luxury can be fleeting.  But for now, you are sleeping peacefully through nite.

All of these advancements make me excited for the future, but I do not want it to come to fast.  I just want to cherish what is now.

I love you everyday!

~Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment