Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Drew - Month Three

May 2012

Dear Drew -

Happy 3 Months to you!

You have now been with us for a quarter of a year.  I am still filled with just as much awe as I was the first time I saw you.  Your growth amazes me.  I love to watch you and it is hard for me to imagine you any older than you are right now, at this moment.  I guess, I will always feel this way.

This has been such a fun month!  You have begun to have more control of your hands.  Your favorite place to put those hands is in your mouth.  You like to suck on your fingers.  Many times you prefer your own hands over a pacifier of any kind.  It was noted that you first gained control of your left hand.  Will you be a lefty?  We will just have to wait and see.

You have become such a vocal girl lately.  You really like to coo.  Daddy and I like to have "conversations" with you.  You have gotten so good that you often try to mimic your Daddy.  Sometimes you succeed, sometimes not. 

You have begun to really like the activity mat we bought you.  You really want to catch that ladybug, but she continues to elude you.  Keep trying and I am sure it will be yours.

Your hand control has become so advanced that you have started holding toys all by yourself.  The first toy you held was a soccer ball rattle that was bought for you by your Nana.  I may have helped you get your grip on it, but you held onto it after I let go.

This is also the month we heard the most wonderful sound.  We got to hear the sound of your laughter.  Mommy can usually get you to laugh by bouncing you up and down on her lap.  We hope to hear that laughter all the time.

Our exclusive time together is quickly coming to an end.  Next month, you will start daycare and Mommy will have to go back to work.  This makes Mommy sad to think about, as I love to spend all my time with you.  But I know it is what is best for our family.  In the meantime, we are going to make the most of every moment we have together, now and in the future.

I love you everyday!

~Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment